Archive for Natural Remedies
This is some general heath information that will help anyone, whether you have POTS or any other disease. This is Yahweh’s health plan. To make it easier to remember, we have made the acronym “Study and Keep the Torah.”
Torah is the Hebrew word that is translated in your Bible as “law.” Law is actually not the most accurate translation. “Teaching” would be a better translation. The Torah is Yahweh’s loving teachings for us, His little children. The Torah consists of the first five books of the Bible, especially Deuteronomy which is called the “book of the law (Torah).”
Exodus 15:26 … If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of Yahweh thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am Yahweh that healeth thee.
Many times we become sick because we have broken God’s law – His health laws or His other laws. This is not always the case, but it often is. Yahweh has made our bodies in an amazing way, to withstand a lot of health abuse, but eventually, if we do not take good care of our health, we will become sick. This is not because Yahweh made us sick, it is just the natural consequence of breaking His laws. But Yahweh is very loving and forgiving. If we ask for forgiveness and seek to understand and to keep His laws – health and other – He will heal us if that would glorify His name. Many people do not know how to care for their bodies, but it is our duty to know this. For this reason, we would like to share the following information.
1Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
Yahweh has done so much for us. Let us show our love and appreciation by caring for the amazing bodies that He has given us.
First we will go through the acronym, then we will describe each section separately.
STUDY AND KEEP THE TORAH
Sunshine and Simplicity
Enter God’s Presence
Herbs and Hydration
- It is good to get as much sunshine as possible without burning.
- Sunscreen is not the best since it is full of chemicals. It would be better to cover up with light colored clothes and a hat if you burn easily. You will still receive benefits from the sunshine.
- POTS patients may have trouble getting sunshine because of heat intolerance. It would be better for them to sun in the early morning or later evening.
- This is so important in every aspect of our lives! A simple diet, simple surroundings (vs. elaborate decorations, fancy cars, etc.), simple lifestyle (vs. artificial excitement with movies, sports, clubs, etc.)
- I could not survive my illness without my relationship with God. He gives me a purpose in life even when I am mostly debilitated. He gives me a reason to live. And if we follow Him, we will have an eternity with Him without the sicknesses and trials that make this life sorrowful at times.
- Work helps keep us well because it gives us purpose and makes us feel useful.
- Gardening is very good work. It is great exercise, and it is useful because it provides good, nourishing food.
- The healthiest diet is the diet that Yahweh gave to Adam and Eve in Eden – fruits, grains, beans, and nuts (Genesis 1:29). Later on, vegetables were also added. This total vegetarian diet is the healthiest diet for man.
- A lot of raw fruits and vegetables should be eaten. It is well to eat 80% raw if you can.
- It is best to eat unprocessed foods – in other words, eat the food like it is found in nature. Example: whole grains, fresh instead of canned foods, etc.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners are not best. Use stevia, agave nectar, or some other more natural sweetener.
- Don’t use regular salt. It has been bleached. Buy unprocessed salt. The cheapest kind that we have found is called Real Salt. You can buy it at some health food stores.
- Many people are allergic to dairy and eggs. For most people, it would be best to leave these off. If you are going to use dairy or eggs, buy organic free-range eggs and organic milk, preferably goat milk instead of cow.
- God did allow meat eating after the flood, but if you read the genealogies, the life expectancy dropped dramatically after meat eating was introduced. If you choose to eat meat, it should be eaten according to the Bible rule – no unclean animals should be eaten (Leviticus 11; Deuteronomy 14), the blood and fat must be completely removed (Genesis 9:4; Lev. 3:17; Acts 15:19-21), animals that are torn by other animals or that die of themselves should not be eaten (Lev. 22:8). I’d also really suggest buying organic meat if you eat meat.
- If you have ever stolen, lied (even a little “white lie”), or even not loved everyone the way you should, you are under a death sentence. The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). But Yahweh is so loving that He gave His precious only begotten Son. Yeshua died the death that we deserve. If we come to Him, trusting in Him to save us and obeying His every word, He will save us. The only way that we can live a holy life and be saved at last is through Yeshua’s righteousness. Through trusting in Yeshua’s righteousness we can have peace.
- Fresh air is so important. Unless you live in a very polluted place, open your windows and let the air in! All year around, day and night, we should keep at least one window open a few inches.
- Breath deeply. Sit up straight. Stand up straight.
- Each day do deep breathing exercises. Take ten deep breathes. Hold the breath for a few seconds, then blow it all out slowly.
- Going into nature is a wonderful way to spend time with God and to de-stress.
- Don’t wear anything tight (Unless you have to wear compression socks or something). Tight clothing hinders circulation.
- Have your clothes hanging from your shoulders instead of hanging from your waist – ex: suspenders, dresses, jumpers – this can actually fix problems with stomach pain. It does for me.
- Keep your legs, feet, and arms warm enough. I know a girl who had a lot of trouble with her periods. She started wearing pants under her dresses (her dresses were long, you couldn’t see the pants) to keep her legs warm, she quite having bad periods. Keeping your limbs warm enough is also part of aiding circulation. Without good circulation you can not have good health.
- Keeping your surroundings, body, and clothes clean will help you stay well.
Enter God’s Presence
- Prayer and Bible study
- It is especially nice to go out in the woods, or somewhere in nature to spend quiet time with Yahweh.
- Exercise out in the open air if possible. This is the healthiest.
- Gardening is great exercise.
- It is good to get several hours of exercise per day. If you can’t do this, just do the best you can.
- Exercise for short periods several times a day if that works better for you.
- If you have POTS, or some other diseases, you may not be able to exercise much, but do what you can.
- Pure thoughts
- Pure actions. Sexual sins can lead to some terrible health problems, not just STD’s, but problems with the nerves, etc.
- Yahweh only intended sexual intimacy to be between married men and women. He knew that this would be best for us, and when we do not follow this plan, things don’t go well.
- Temperance is doing/using good things moderately, and not doing/using unhealthy things at all. Example: Fruit is good for you, but if you eat so much you make yourself sick, that is not good. Work is good, but overworking yourself is not good. Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, and caffeine (found in coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.) are not good for you. They should not be used at all.
- Next time someone offers you a really rich dessert, practice temperance by saying “no, thank you.”
- Helping others instead of focusing on yourself will help you get better and be happier.
- Living in the country is way healthier than the city. It is less stressful, cleaner (no pollution), safer, and just better in every way.
- Don’t keep the TV or radio on all day, that makes a stressful environment.
- Be kind and loving to the people you live with. Even if they are not always nice to you, the environoment will be greatly improved by you being nice to them anyway.
- Regularity is important. Schedule your day so that you get up, eat, exercise, sleep, etc. at the same time each day.
- Eating at regular times each day allows your stomach to be ready for the food. The digestive juices are all ready to begin their work. But if you eat at all different times, it really tires out your digestive system.
- 2 meals per day – breakfast and lunch – with at least 5 or 6 hours in between is the healthiest way to go. Three meals should be the most that anyone should eat, and the meals should still be far enough apart for the stomach to have some rest in between. (I know that this is different than what most people are told, especially those with POTS. But I can tell you, I have POTS and I do just fine on 3 smaller meals. Most of us with POTS can’t do a lot anyway, so we do not need so much food as some other, more active people.)
- It is never healthy to eat right before bed. Your stomach should be able to rest with you when you go to sleep.
- Obeying Yahweh is for our good.
Deuteronomy 6:1-3 Now these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which Yahweh your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them…that thy days may be prolonged. Hear therefore, O Israel, and observe to do it; that it may be well with thee…
- Most people need about 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Some POTS patients need more. I personally need about 13, or else I’m exhausted.
- You may need to take breaks during the day if you have POTS, Chronic Fatigue, or other such syndromes.
- Massage is a great way to rest! And it promotes healing.
- Yahweh has given us special days for rest from work and extra time with Him (see Exodus 20:8-11; 23:10-17; Leviticus 23, Deuteronomy 16).
- Keep cheerful and positive
- Look at the blessings in your life instead of the trials.
- There are many herbs that are way more helpful than medications and don’t have all the dangerous side effects that medicines have. These are God’s natural medicines.
- Drink around 10-12 glasses of water per day.
- It is not good to drink with your meals because this dilutes stomach acids and makes the digestion not work well.
- Hydrotherapy, or water therapy, is also good. Soaking in the tub is actually very good for your health.
- Hot and cold showers are also good. Here’s how you do them: turn on the warm or hot water (POTS or Diabetes patients need to be careful to use the water not too hot. Please don’t burn yourself or make yourself pass out!) for about 3 minutes, followed by cool or cold water for about 30 seconds. Go back and forth between hot and cold several times. This really helps circulation and can help get rid of a cold or flu if your feeling like you’re coming down with something.
Please contact me if you have questions about any of these remedies. And remember to STUDY AND KEEP THE TORAH – Yahweh’s loving teachings for us, His children.